Kind Tree Productions Inc.
STiLE Program Skills Instructor (Skill Training for an Independent Living Experience Program)
Position Title: STiLE Program Skills Instructor
Location: Multiple Locations
Compensation: $15-$20/hr depending on experience
Key Relationships: Reports to and works closely with the Executive Assistant.
Deadline: Open until 7/22/2022.
KindTree Mission Statement:
Kind Tree Productions Inc. is dedicated to celebrating and supporting individuals with autism and developmental disabilities through the arts, education, recreation, and community involvement.
The STiLE Program Skills Instructor will provide life skill instruction to special education students in a classroom setting, collaborate with other instructing staff, teach hands-on learning styles, and implement Individual Service Plan (ISP) requirements.
● Effectively works with and responds to people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
● Cultivates and models a respectful working and learning environment.
● Utilizes effective, proactive behavioral management skills in all classroom settings.
● Works collaboratively with other KindTree Productions personnel.
● Is responsive to feedback from colleagues and administrators and is able to apply feedback to improve skills and services to students.
● Manages time to complete and turn in all weekly required paperwork.
● Monitors the progress of students in the classroom setting.
● Participates in scheduled meetings.
● Adapts and modifies curriculum and activities as needed.
● Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and parents/guardians or other support staff.
● Strives to improve professional competence through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, classes, and other professional development activities.
● Develop and implement best practice strategies for working with students.
● Promote a safe and comfortable environment for students.
● Engage in collaborative problem solving with students when their actions and our expectations are not in alignment.
● Demonstrates knowledge of intellectual disabilities and autism.
● Demonstrates commitment to self-determination and advocacy.
● One or more years of working with diverse learners.
● Passes a background check
● Is up to date with the ODDS requirements for Covid-19 vaccination for teachers.
● Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to develop strong professional relationships with students.
● Demonstrated ability to support others in working toward their personal goals.
● Processes good computer skills (email, basic Word, basic Excel, Zoom, ability and willingness to learn basic Cloud applications, such as Google docs)
● Comfortable communicating in person, by phone and by email.
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 references that indicate the presence of the above qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loretta McNally (she/her)