Registration and Student Information Forms below…
You can also access STiLE trainings information on our Cognitopia “My Life” pages, a place especially designed for easy navigation that can easily link to personal goal and progress notes for individuals who have a Cognitopia account.
The KindTree-Autism Rocks Skill Training for an Independent Living Experience program (STiLE), functions as an educational program for youth and adults 11 years and older with autism and others with developmental/intellectual disabilities. Established in 2013 to meet a service gap for adults living with autism in our community, the mission has been to provide skill training to encourage community engagement, independence, productivity, creative expression, health, work readiness and independent living. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life, with service and celebration, of individuals with disabilities through advocacy, art, education, recreation and community participation.
Registration will stay open through the Spring Term until training sessions are full, and fees will be pro-rated. Contact the STiLE Coordinator with questions.
KindTree welcomes Darin McNally, our new interim STiLE Coordinator. Darin will be handling all needed paperwork and scheduling as well as participant records along with KindTree Executive Director Loretta McNally. He can be contacted here: STiLE@kindtree.org, or 541-852-5053.
Registration now available: trainings via Zoom beginning March 15:
– Adult (18+) and Youth (11-17) Exercise sessions with Jordan Wheeler
– Dining with Donald with Chef Donald Burton, Maggie, and… culinary puppets? 4 sessions only Wednesdays between April 7 – 28.
– Art trainings for teens and adults with Frank Louis Allen and David Placencia of WheelHaus Arts
– Jewelry Design with Amanda Finegold
– David Helfand’s Music Writing and Performance – in person as soon as the Hilyard Center is open – March 24 expected. THIS GROUP IS FULL THIS TERM, unless Covid restriction change
Scholarships for private pay Spring Term participants may be available. Contact STiLE@kindtree.org for more information