Scroll down for Registration and Student Information Forms...
The KindTree-Autism Rocks Skill Training for an Independent Living Experience program (STiLE), functions as an educational program for youth and adults 11 years and older with autism and others with developmental/intellectual disabilities. Established in 2013 to meet a service gap for adults living with autism in our community, the mission has been to provide skill training to encourage community engagement, independence, productivity, creative expression, health, work readiness and independent living. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life, with service and celebration, of individuals with disabilities through advocacy, art, education, recreation and community participation.
Fall Term will begin September 6 – October 29. Many of the same classes will return. Due to concerns about the fast spread of the Delta variant of Covid, all will be via Zoom. See Below…
This term will include 8 weeks of sessions September 6 – October 29. Jewelry Making, Dating, and Music are limited to 6 sessions only, the others are 8 sessions.
Registration Form Below: all trainings via Zoom to keep participants safe from Covid.
Click the links below for class descriptions, then come back here to register…
– A Life Skills class is in the planning stage. Check back soon STiLE@kindtree.org for more info. (541) 525-6651
– NEW Dating on the Spectrum for adults with Cortney Brummond 6 sessions, September 14 – October 19. This class also includes a FREE in-person, socially distanced gathering (a “Mask-querade”) Oct 29 to practice what participants have learned during this class.
– Adult (18+) Exercise sessions with Jordan Wheeler via Zoom
– Art trainings for teens and adults with Frank Louis Allen , and David Placencia of WheelHaus Arts, both via Zoom.
– Jewelry Making with Amanda Finegold via Zoom
– David Helfand’s Music Writing and Performance – Via Zoom, limited enrollment
Scholarships are available. Contact STiLE@kindtree.org for more information.
– Online Student Information Form HERE. Be sure to fill out if you are new or if you have new information.
– PDF printable Student Information form HERE. Mail the completed form to KindTree – Autism Rocks/STiLE, P.O. Box 40847, Eugene, OR 97404.
– PDF printable Fall Term Registration – updated 9-16-2021
(Below calendar is for Fall Term)
KindTree welcomes Bobbi Bernal, our new STiLE Coordinator. Bobbi will be handling all needed paperwork and scheduling as well as participant records along with KindTree Executive Director Loretta McNally. Our hope is that Bobbi will be reaching out to agencies and participants to grow this program to benefit all. She can be contacted here: STiLE@kindtree.org. (541) 525-6651.