Home

Our COVID-19 Response

Our goal is to serve the Autism Community as best we can. Right now that includes cancelling some of our activities, postponing others, and providing a safe environment to continue when possible. Be healthy, be safe….wash your hands!

Message from President Michael Omogrosso
CORVID-19 State, County and more Updates and Resources

  1. Registration for Camp (August 21-23) is now open. Our hope is that the crisis will be past by then. If it is not and we end up cancelling Camp (Nooo!!), your registration fees will be refunded at 95%. The other 5% goes to cover PayPal and USPS costs.
  2. KindTree Board  is cancelling the remaining Winter term STiLE classes and postponing until at least the end of April Spring term classes.  As events unfold, we may reluctantly cancel Spring classes all together. Check back here for updates.
  3. Social Skills Class is cancelled for March and April
  4. Second Friday Social is cancelled for March and April.
  5. Autism Advocacy group is cancelled for March and April
  6. KindTree Peer Support Group is cancelled for March and April.
  7. Cottage Grove support group is cancelled for April
  8. Our Art Fest is postponed, date TBA. The Call For Art is also cancelled for now.
  9. Art Guild monthly meeting are cancelled

Celebrating Autism
Changing Perceptions
Creating Community

About KindTree

Founded in 1997 by two group home workers determined to remedy their clients’ lack of meaningful activities, KindTree-Autism Rocks provides support, services, and information to empower and improve the quality of life for individuals and families living with autism, and the professionals who serve them. From its inception, this “grass roots” all volunteer nonprofit has maintained its focus on serving and celebrating people on the autism spectrum through art, education, recreation, and community.

In the past twenty two years, KindTree-Autism Rocks has grown from offering an overnight retreat in the Oregon forest for six adults to becoming a successful 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a 2,000+ distribution list, hundreds of student and community volunteers, a skill training curriculum serving 100+ students, and an art program representing dozens artists. KindTree-Autism Rocks serves another 250 individuals through various community recreation programs, social media and an online blog, and provides real social events/activities where everyone can feel safe and be themselves.

With warm hearted whimsy, an open sense of family and a deep level of caring, we reach within ourselves to embrace our flaws, gather our strengths, and offer our love, while reaching out to people on the autism spectrum, their families and caregivers, and to our community at large. Through the power of self-advocacy in an atmosphere of acceptance and respect, autistic and neuro-normal people alike can work toward self-realization.